Friday 30 July 2010

Regatta Week


I am going away for a few days to the seaside. Each year my husband sails in the Menai Straits Regatta and we go to stay in the pretty little town of Beaumaris. We meet up with friends there, some who sail, some who don't, and the family will join us for a day too. So I will be there soaking up the seaside atmosphere that I love so much, which often influences my designs, but I won't be able to write my blog till I get back. Sigh.

These are details from my Regatta Quilt, made a few years ago, with its fleet of sailing boats very similar to the one Mr P sails in, and some jaunty bunting to add a sense of occasion.



As I may have mentioned before - and no doubt will do again - I absolutely love the seaside so I am really excited to be packing to go there again...


Back in a few days. Have a lovely week.x

No comments: